Saturday 13 November 2010

Workshop drawings- music and films.

Here are the most of the drawings I produced for Geoff and Jim's drawing to music workshop. Having the choice to either work figuratively or abstractly, I made the decision to draw as free as possible. I just allowed the music to influence the marks I made. It was pretty fun, I think I may have been too free though, they're a bit mental.

Next was the drawing from film workshop. It was both recording from moving image and stills, looking particularly at the environment. Great selection including; Brazil, The Assassination of Jesse James, 2001, Manhattan, Fear and Loathing and Paris, Texas. All chosen for their specific visual languages. Drawing from the moving image was definitely a challenge, but it helped that they're all incredible films. I felt slightly too excited at many moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment